Select Page

I cannot let this moment go by without acknowledgment of a major success in the Department of Anatomy and Medical Imaging.

For the first time, 16 (with more to follow shortly) of their talented and hardworking Medical Imaging students have been approved to be registered as Medical Imaging Technologists with the Medical Radiation Technologists Board. This also means these students have achieved the requirements of the honours degree in Medical Imaging. This represents a massive achievement by the students but is also something for the staff, who have worked tirelessly on this programme since its inception, to be proud of.

The process begun by Jenny Sim and Alistair Young has come to fruition and I would like to acknowledge the whole medical imaging team for their dedication and drive for excellence in the delivery of this programme.

This work has been a team effort there is no doubt, but I want to acknowledge the superb leadership of Jenny (previous) and Beau (current) as the two Programme Directors and also Tracey (Clinical Coordinator) and Sibusiso (Academic Coordinator) for a tireless effort toward the undergraduate programme. One point I would also make is that informally I am aware that most have already taken up employment in radiology departments too.

This is a programme they can be proud of as a Department. Thank you to all who have been involved in establishing and running this programme.